- Semgrep Cloud Platform
- Team & Enterprise Tier
Add tags for specific projects in the Semgrep Cloud Platform through the following methods:
- Set tags through the Semgrep Cloud Platform > Project page.
- Set tags using the Semgrep Cloud Platform API (for Team and Enterprise Tier users).
- Set tags in your repository's
- Keep in mind, when setting tags via the
.semgrepconfig.ymlfile or Semgrep Cloud Platform API, that these actions supersede any tags previously set.
- For example, if you set tags through the API and subsequently run a CI scan, then the previous tags set by the API will be overwritten by any tag definitions in the
.semgrepconfig.ymlfile of the repository.
- For this reason, we recommend exclusively choosing either the API or
.semgrepconfig.ymlfile to manage and set tags. Do not use a mix of the two.
Set tags through Semgrep Cloud Platform and Semgrep Cloud Platform API
To manage tags through Semgrep Cloud Platform, follow these steps:
- Go to the Semgrep Cloud Platform Projects page.
- Click on the project's gear icon to enter project configuration page, and then add or remove tags.
Refer to Semgrep API documentation to use the API.
Set tags in
You can also add tags through a specific file added to your repository. To do so, follow the instructions below:
.semgrepconfig.ymlfile in the root directory of your repository.
- Add tags to the
.semgrepconfig.ymlfile. Example of tags added to
Changes to tags made through the
.semgrepconfig.yml file are also visible in the Semgrep Cloud Platform > Projects page, however, the inverse is not true (changes in Semgrep Cloud Platform > Projects page will be overwritten by